It’s 4th weekend!!
I used to despise this weekend because it meant that I would have to work. Last year, while writing my own schedule and working crazy hours, I didn’t. We had a great time together. I told him tonight that I like the 4th of July better than Valentine’s Day. I think I confused him.
Top 10 reasons the 4th of July is BETTER than Valentine’s Day (in no particular order):
- My birthday is 6 days after V-day, much money is spent and stress levels are high.
- 4th is casual, no need to dress up. Family is always happy to cook out.
- You can’t go out to eat on V-day and someone always gets pissed off about dining out.
- You never feel like it went well enough, it could always be better.
- Fireworks are romantic and you can always cuddle while watching them.
- No snow.
- Monday is usually a gov’t holiday and I work at a bank!! Long weekend… BONUS.
- Grilled FOOD.
- No one complains about the 4th of July.
And the only reason V-day is better than the 4th… mosquitoes.
So Happy (early) 4th! Special thanks to everyone serving and especially those deployed right now. I’ve got two cousins in A-stan and I try not to think about it even though we’re not very close.
Lastly, C finally got skype. It was so cool to sit there and talk to him and watch him smile and joke with me. I heart skype and I recommend it for everyone.