No kidding, I’ve tried to write this entry like 6 times. Epic failure every time. I have all these words, but no path to follow and even now, I still have like 6 things I want to write about. I’ll just have to write more than one.
I’m not a new year’s resolution kinda person and even if I make them, I sure don’t keep them. If I did, I would be skinny, lol. Yeah, so not happening right now. But this year is different, I have a weird drive to make goals and keep them. So here goes nothing…
1) No more credit card debt! — Today I paid off 1.5 credit cards. In about a week, it will be a full 3. By July I’ll have all but 1 paid off. These have been cruising around for years and it’s time to get rid of them. I’m sick and tired of making these stupid payments. This drive is motivated mainly because of #2.
2) We are on the “let’s get pregnant” train. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this, life is kind of a blur. But, I don’t want to work my kid’s life away, I want to enjoy raising them and being around for it. I want to work part-time, not be a slave to a full-time job. I really want to work from home, but that’s challenging to find work. Because of #2, I’ve been really touchy about people announcing their pregnancies. Especially since some of them are coming out of such strange circumstances. AB – I am happy for you, I promise. I know I haven’t told you, but I am. I’m also not a patient person and since this is just some stupid waiting game that is constantly conflicted with 1-2 work schedules, I feel like a failure as a person because I can control everything… but this.
3) I will finish my modules before July. There, I have officially set an educational goal of 9 months for these stupid modules that the state requires me be educated in prior to registering as a CPhT. Only in NoDak can you take the equivalency of 10 classes (no joke – 3 credits each) and get a certificate of completion. Granted, MyCAA is paying for it, it’s still annoying. Btw, if you don’t know what MyCAA is you should. It’s an educational funding program for certificates, licensures and associates degrees for military spouses E1-E5. They pay up to $4k in education expenses (not including books) to help you get a mobile career. Take advantage of it! I’m also looking at doing medical coding. If any of you have any experience in that one, please for the love of god, let me know. This specifically relates to goal 2.
Now, let’s talk about some of the stressors right now…
1) Superman is working 2 jobs, I’m doing odd jobs to make money to #1. I actually told him today, I’ll see you on Wednesday… in fact, we’ll be sleeping in the same bed tomorrow night.
2) BTZ (below-the-zone) boards are around, packets are in, EPR is finalized. Firewall 5’s for the hubs – ridiculously proud but I expected them.
3) Can I just tell you that planning to get pregnant is one of the most neurotic things in the history of the planet.
Things I’m glad about…
1) I don’t work at the crazy job anymore, someone else is crazy there now instead of me – less stress, yay!
2) That my life is not in shambles. I work incredibly hard to keep things together, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Right now, it’s working.
3) I don’t live in Indiana anymore. Can I just mention that it’s a complete and total clusterf^#k around there, it never gets better, the drama breeds more drama. I’m just really thankful I’m not a part of that crap anymore.
I’m sorry I haven’t been paying attention to some of you guys, I really do enjoy reading all the blogs I follow I just don’t feel like I’ve had enough time to catch up on life itself. Anyway, I work at 5am tomorrow which requires a wake-up call of 3:30am. It’s past my bed time, night guys.
Oh wait, did I mention that it’s January in NoDak and I have grass still? Currently it’s 36 degrees, chilly wind but we haven’t seen that awful snow storm we’ve expected yet. It’s going to be crazy when it happens but it definitely hasn’t happened yet. Who would have though, yellow grass in NoDak, in January. This. Is. Awesome.