Today! Today we went and bothered the housing office. That crazy lady said she’d call us last Thursday or Friday and she didn’t. I should have known better and just went by there on Friday to see what was up.
Today! Today she handed us 2 sets of keys and said, “Go pick one!”
Today! Today we looked at 2 very different houses on Kadena.
House #1 – Marek Park
|yeepp, stole the picture from okinawahai.com|
- It has a den! Did you see that, it has a 3rd ROOM!
- Huge kitchen
- Backyard (we are on a fence line)
- Lots of closets – 2 bedroom closets, 2 linen closets, 2 pantries, 1 coat closet
- Covered parking for 1 spot.
- Outdoor storage
- Safety in numbers, there are neighbors close
- 1 story AND on the 1st floor.. no stairs!!
- real parking spots
- Close to some food (and dunkin’ donuts)
- 1 bathroom with a double sink
- Carpet… new carpet…
- Parking under the covered parking is terrifying because there is a pole.
- Upstairs neighbors (quad)
- Small living room
- Brand new
- No assigned secondary parking spot
- Entrance is under the stairs
House #2 – North Terrace
- Standalone house
- 1.75 bathrooms
- No carpet
- Generous living room
- Pretty (faux) wood floors
- Clothesline – if you’re into that sort of thing
- Close to dog park gate
- 1 huge pantry
- mud room
- large yard
- 3 creepy little neighbor boys
- sucky/small kitchen layout
- small dining area
- no outdoor storage
- no covered parking (this might be a pro too, but you have to park behind your other car)
- no den
- narrow entrances to rooms/hallways/etc.
- large yard on a hill
- the houses are angled awkwardly
- complicated to drive to